A selection of 100% Sangiovese grapes grown in estate-owned vineyards situated on the south-easterly and south-westerly slopes of the municipality of Montalcino, at altitudes carrying from 250 to 400 metres above sea level. The soils are made up of sandy loam, with clay and plenty of Galestro marl heavy stone. The wines age in 500-litre French oak tonneaux and 15 to 25-Hl Slavonian oak barrels for at least 24 months, followed by a period of bottle ageing. The wine has a deep ruby red colour with garnet highlights, and an ample, slightly spicy bouquet. It is full, intense, smooth and velvety on the palate, with sweet, elegant tannins.
100% Sangiovese. Spurred Cordon, 5.400 vines/ha in a 20/30 years old vineyards.
Estate vineyards in the southern hills of Montalcino (220-400 m on the sea level).
Sandy topsoil with clay and 'Galestro' friable rocks.
Temperature controlled maceration and alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks (28-29°C). About 60% of the wine is aged for 24 months in French oak tonneau (500 lt) and the remaining 40% in Slavonian oak barrel (15-25 Hl). The aging is followed by a bottle-aging some months.
Ruby red and intense colour with orange shimmers. A wide bouquet slightly spicy. His taste is full, soft, velvety and intense. The tannins are elegant and sweet.
This wine is particularly suited to accompany red meat, game, cold meat and aged-cheese. Recommended service temperature: 18°C.
0,375 lt. - 0,75 lt. - 1,5 lt. - 3 lt.