A selection of 100% sangiovese grapes grown in estate-owned vineyards located on the south-easterly and south-westerly slopes of Montalcino, at an altitude from 250 to 400 m MSL. The soils are made up of sandy loam, with clay and Galestro marl. The wine ages in 500-litre French oak tonneaux and 15/25-Hl Slavonian oak barrels for at least 24 months, followed by a period of ageing in bottle. The wine has a deep ruby red colour with garnet highlights, and an ample, slightly spicy bouquet. It is full, intense, smooth and velvety on the palate, with sweet, elegant tannins.
100% Sangiovese. Spurred Cordon, 5.400 vines/ha in 20/30 years old vineyards
Estate vineyards in the southern hills of Montalcino (220-400 m MSL).
Sandy topsoil with clay and 'Galestro' friable rocks.
Temperature-controlled maceration and alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks (28-29°C). About 60% of the wine ages for at least 24 months in French oak tonneau (500 lt) and the remaining 40% in Slavonian oak barrel (15-25 Hl). It rests in bottle for several months before release
Ruby red and intense colour with orange shimmers. A wide bouquet slightly spicy. His taste is full, soft, velvety and intense. The tannins are elegant and sweet
This wine is particularly suited to accompany red meat, game, cold meat and aged-cheese. Recommended service temperature: 18°C
0,375 lt. - 0,75 lt. - 1,5 lt. - 3 lt.
This is supple and round, evoking macerated cherry, plum, and licorice flavors, framed by accents of iron, tea, and wild herbs. Solidly built, with a dense matrix of tannins enforcing the finish. Shows fine overall balance. Best from 2025 through 2045